Carrot + Zucchini Loaf
This carrot and zucchini loaf is deliciously sweet and flavoursome, perfect for an afternoon treat.
If you have planted zucchini or your neighbour has, no doubt you'll be inundated right now with fresh zucchinis. This carrot and zucchini loaf is a great way to use up your fresh produce and an easy way to add more veggies to your child's diet.
This loaf is simple to make yet doesn't compromise on flavour. I have added maple syrup to sweeten which you can reduce or try omitting if you'd prefer less sugar. The addition of sultanas gives a nice burst of fruity flavour while the pumpkin seeds on top add a little crunch.
If you try this Chocolate Veggie Muffin recipe please let me know!
Leave a comment, send this post to a friend, pin it, or take a photo of your baking goods and tag me on Instagram!
Sweet Carrot and Zucchini Loaf
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45-50 mins
Makes: 1 loaf
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 35 grams sultanas
- Pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, yoghurt, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the grated carrot, zucchini and sultanas and stir together.
- Gently mix in the flour and the baking powder until just combined. Pour mixture into the prepared loaf tin and garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when tested. If your top is browning too quickly, loosely place a piece of foil on top until the loaf is cooked.
- Let the loaf cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack. Allow to cool before slicing into pieces.
Store the loaf in an airtight container in the fridge for up 5 days.
Natural sweeteners are best given to babies over 12 months old.
Seeds can be a choking hazard for young children. If you have have young ones, you can roughly blend the pumpkin seeds before garnishing.